The WordPress default category is ‘Uncategorized’. By not deleting this default category will show how lazy the blog owner is or simply show that the blogger has no idea (like i used to be). Many times Once or twice i forget to assign my posts to categories and then after i publish it, WordPress will filed that uncategorized posts under the default category. So i change the default category into Thoughts and Discoveries, which i think is quite general and can be assigned to most of posts i have in this blog because this is a personal blog. Hey!
Anyhow, in case you didn’t know that you can actually delete the uncategorized category, here’s how to do it:
- In your WordPress dashboard go to SETTINGS and go to WRITING.
- You’ll find Default Post Category. Choose one that can generally assigned to your blog posts.
- Now push SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page.
- Go to MANAGE then go to CATEGORIES. Tick on UNCATEGORIZED and press DELETE.
- WordPress will not delete your posts under the deleted categories, instead it will automatically assigned the posts into new default category.
- If you don’t have default category yet, then you can first create it at MANAGE click on CATEGORIES then click on ADD NEW and save. Then go to the first step above.